The Colorado Equity Compass is a community-driven and -owned platform that elevates the voices of the East Colfax Community. It serves as:
- An outlet for East Colfax to publicly define their own identity, own their narrative, and identify their priorities.
- A place to celebrate and share the rich history, cultures and stories of East Colfax and promote the urgency of anti-displacement measures.
- A platform that presents East Colfax’s united efforts and holds the city, developers, organizations and institutions accountable for how they make decisions within East Colfax.
Partners: Shift Research Lab, The Change Matrix, Denver Office of Storytelling (I Am Denver), Issue Media Group, Urban Institute
- History of the Neighborhood + Timeline:
Data Collection & Visualization:
- Root causes of racial economic injustice
- Redlining and current inequity
- Immigrant community & longtime residents
- Collecting and consolidating data that exists
- Identifying Gaps in Neighborhood Data
- Collecting Other Needed Data
Anti-displacement Priorities & Plan (examples):
- Resident stories: celebrating richness of culture and community & communicating urgency around displacement.
- Residential Displacement Mitigation
- Commercial Displacement Mitigation
- Free Transit
- Emergency Fund
- Sanctuary Neighborhood
For more information on how to get involved, reach out to Dee Dee DeVuyst at email@example.com.