Phase 2: Pop Up Playground – November 2018
- Treethouse Tower
- Climbing Tower
- Canopy Bridge
- Ground-play Tubes + Tunnels
- Mobile seating
The kids were engaged in real-time design and construction of the playground elements, including:
- Placing nylon color-block panels to create unique play spaces within the Treehouse.
- Arranging and rearranging 5 ground-play tubes to create challenging and imaginative play for all ages.
- Naming the elements such as “Wiggly Worm Bridge” and “Danger Tunnels” and “Amazing Park”.
- Placing seating elements where adults might want to sit and watch kids play and to encourage a positive environment for adults.
As a result of our efforts, Lamar plans to continue testing concepts in order to inform the planned construction of new play equipment at Willow Creek Park, with an emphasis on nature-inspired play. Check back for more updates on the new park, coming summer of 2019!